Short Yoga Practice to Relieve Leg Cramps
Those suffering from painful leg cramps, caused by muscle stress and nerve deficiencies, can try incorporating this short yoga practice which targets and relaxes the muscles and nerves of the legs.
- Begin in downward dog with the arms and legs outstretched, keeping a gentle bend in the knees in the beginning of the pose.
- Pull the ears away from the shoulders, spread the palms, and begin to pedal the feet against the floor.
- Once you feel yourself becoming limber in the pose, slowly bring the heels to meet the floor and stay here for 3 full breaths.
Extending Reclining Hamstring Stretch with a Strap
- Lie on your back with your legs outstretched and arms beside you.
- Flex both feet and pull your right leg towards your chest. Loop your strap around the ball or arch of the foot and hold one end of the strap in each hand.
- Begin to straighten your leg, keeping the movement gentle. Do not allow your shoulders to rise off the mat or towards your ears. Keep the neck long.
- Hold for several breaths, then release the leg gently to the floor.
Repeat on the other side.
Perform 3-4 minutes of Sucirandhrasana--Reclining Pigeon Pose found in Daily Yoga Routine for Sciatica Pain before finishing up with Extended Child’s Pose found in Yoga for Menopause.