- Homeopathic remedies are among the top 10 best-selling nonprescription cold, flu, and pain medicines in the U.S.
- Homeopathy is a natural healing system developed by German physician Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843).
"I can’t manage without homeopathy. In fact, I never go anywhere without homeopathic remedies." - Paul McCartney
- Homeopathic remedies are prepared from all-natural mineral, botanical, and biological substances, containing active ingredients in minute amounts. This makes them gentle yet highly effective and extremely safe for adults, children, and the elderly.
- At the turn of the 20th century, over 20 homeopathic medical schools (including Boston University, University of Michigan, and New York Homeopathic Medicine College), more than 100 homeopathic hospitals, and over 1,000 homeopathic pharmacies made homeopathy more popular in America than anywhere else in the world.
- Homeopathic remedies are non-drowsy and non-habit forming. They cause no side effects and no conflicts with other medicines.
- Today, homeopathy is again growing at an extraordinary rate. A National Health Information Survey indicates that twice as many Americans were using homeopathy in 2006 than in 1990.
"I am the doctor of our family, and I am a big fan of homeopathy." - Cindy Crawford
- Homeopathy is the leading "alternative" treatment system used by physicians in Europe. Forty percent of the French public have used homeopathic treatments. The British Royal Family is the strongest advocate for homeopathy in the U.K., and in Germany, the most popular hay fever remedy is a homeopathic formula.
- Homeopathic medicine is the second most widely used form of medicine in the world. The first is herbal medicine.
- Unlike herbal and dietary supplements, homeopathic medicines in the United States have been subject to a well-defined regulatory process by the FDA since 1938.
- Surveys confirm that people who seek homeopathic treatment tend to be more educated than those who don't.
"There have been two great revelations in my life; the first was bebop, the second was homeopathy." - Dizzy Gillespie
- During the flu epidemic of 1918, 24,000 cases of flu treated conventionally had a mortality rate of 28.2%, while 26,000 cases of flu treated homeopathically had a mortality rate of 1.05%.
- In recent years, an increasing number of clinical studies has been conducted and published in medical journals proving the effectiveness of homeopathic remedies.
- Homeopathy is not only a body-friendly but also an environmentally-friendly form of medicine. Remedies are produced by using very small amounts of natural resources and creating almost exclusively biodegradable waste.
- Many of America's leading literary figures in the 19th century, such as Ralph Waldo Emerson, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Louisa May Alcott, and Henry James, were advocates of the "new medicine". Renowned European writers who supported homeopathy included Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Charles Dickens, and George Bernard Shaw.
- Celebrities expressing their support for homeopathy today include Cher, Cindy Crawford, Whoopi Goldberg, Anjelica Huston, Tina Turner, Linsday Wagner, Naomi Watts, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Boris Becker, David Beckham, Orlando Bloom, Paul McCartney, Hermann Maier, and Martin Sheen to name only a few.