3 High Intensity Exercises to Strengthen the Immune System
A key to a healthy immune system is keeping your lymphatic system clean and active. These high intensity exercises will use twisting in high intensity movement to cleanse and stimulate the flow of lymphatic fluid throughout the body.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip distance apart and your hands by your side.
- Swing your arms above your head, rising onto your toes in the same movement.
- Swing your arms down and behind you as you sit slightly into your seat.
- On the next upswing, turn your body to the left as you stand upright.
- Return your torso to center as you swing down into your squat. Then turn your torso to the right as you raise your arms into the air again.
- Repeat 20 times.
- Begin in a squat, with your hands on the floor and your toes pointed slightly outwards. Make sure your seat is behind your heels to protect the lower back. (See image above.)
- From this position, leap into the air with hands high above the head.
- Try to come down gently on your toes before moving down into the squat with hands on the floor.
- Perform 20 jumps, adjusting the speed and height of the jumps to fit the level of intensity you require.
Leg Lifts Over an Object
- Warm up the hips and sides of the body by bringing the right knee to the left elbow, then the left knee to the right elbow. Do this several times keeping the upper body erect and the gaze forward.
- Place a knee-height object in front of you, such as a stool or low chair. Starting with the right leg, raise your right knee towards your left hip side and straighten your leg. Now draw a circle in the air with your foot, clearing the stool before returning to starting position.
- Repeat with the left leg, bringing the left knee towards the right hip before straightening the leg and clearing the stool with your foot before returning to stand.
- Repeat 20 times on both sides.