Natural Relief From Joint Pain and Inflammation
Keeping your joints flexible and pain free is one of the most important ways to stay active and healthy. What causes tender, stiff, or swollen joints and which are some of the best natural methods to ease the discomfort?
Read more about natural relief from joint pain and inflammation so you can live a full life and get on with your day.
What Causes Joint Inflammation?
Inflammation happens as a natural immune system response to injury or infection. It can be an acute and temporary issue, such as if you twist your ankle the wrong way. Or it can be chronic and long term, like suffering from osteoarthritis.
While inflammation can be a helpful immune response in the short term to aid in healing damaged tissue or fight an infection, prolonged inflammation can cause tissue damage and considerably reduce your quality of life.
Common Types of Joint Inflammation and Pain
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis causes joint pain and stiffness in an injured area.
- Osteoarthritis is caused by prolonged wear and tear of the tissue around your joints over many years.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis can happen when your body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy joint tissue. It often starts to affect smaller joints, such as fingers, before spreading to wrists, ankles, knees, and other joints and can affect additional body parts including the skin and eyes.
- Gout most often occurs in the big toe, resulting in severe pain, swelling and redness. It is caused by a build up of uric crystals in the joint.
Joint inflammation can affect just one joint or many joints, depending on the cause. Reducing inflammation almost always helps alleviate pain and improve mobility and may help you find a path towards healing.
Natural Ways to Reduce Joint Inflammation
There are holistic ways to relieve joint pain naturally. These include a healthy diet, low impact exercise and stretching, weight loss and control, and natural remedies and supplements.
- A healthy diet is a powerful tool to lessen inflammation and its discomforts. Sugar, processed foods, and refined carbs can all exacerbate inflammation. Try to avoid them and stock up on fresh fruits and vegetables and clean proteins! Also refrain from smoking and excessive alcohol.
- Moderate exercise and stretching strengthens muscles around joints, improves bone strength, increases blood flow, and supports balance.
- A healthy weight is important to reducing the stress on joints. The Center of Disease Control reports an increased incidence of arthritis with those who are overweight or obese, indicating that 23 to 31 percent of overweight patients have arthritis. Excessive body weight has shown to increase inflammation, gout, cartilage degeneration, and joint pain.
Natural Remedies for Joint Aches and Pains
1. Homeopathic Remedies for Pain and Injuries
Arnica Montana is the #1 herb used to help reduce pain in joints, muscles, and ligaments. It increases blood flow to the hurt area, providing oxygen, releasing fluids, and lessening pressure.
Arnica creams for topical application are among the world's top-selling homeopathic medicines. Find out more about the benefits of our Arnica Relief Cream.
Miranda Castro’s Joint & Muscles Cream is a natural joint pain relief cream combining Arnica Montana with additional homeopathic ingredients best known for reducing inflammation, such as Rhus Tox, Ruta Graveolens, and Symphytum.
Arthritis Relief is an effective homeopathic remedy with herbs for inflammation, pain, and stiffness. It comes in pellet form.
Combining topical and oral remedies is an excellent way to address pain in muscles and joints.
2. Herbal Liquid Extract With Anti-inflammatory Properties
Turmeric is a popular herbal supplement revered for its anti-inflammatory activity. Our Fresh Turmeric Liquid Extract is prepared as a pure, full-spectrum extract from fresh turmeric root.
High-quality turmeric is a natural joint pain relief supplement that can help reduce pain and improve your range of motion.
Fresh Turmeric Liquid Extract
3. Schuessler Cell Salts for Pain and Inflammation
Cell or tissue salts have been used for approximately 140 years to supplement the body with micro doses of the most important minerals for improved well-being. They are known to be very safe and have shown excellent results in individuals of all ages.
Cell salts were discovered by Dr. Schuessler, a pioneer in cell pathology. The gentle minerals are prepared homeopathically and help the body absorb more minerals from healthy food and beverages. This provides important nutrients at a cellular level.
The following cell salts help reduce inflammation and acidity, establish a healthy pH balance, nourish muscle tissue, and dispose of waste fluids by supporting the colon and the liver.
They can also improve your gut microbiome and support the regeneration of healthy cells and connective tissues.
Take the cell salts that best match your symptoms or mix all in half a cup of water and sip them slowly three times a day.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum helps mediate a robust inflammatory response. It is ideal after a workout, for acute pain, and with a tendency to inflammation.
- Natrum Phosphoricum helps reduce high lactic, stomach, and uric acids and to metabolize fats. It assists in establishing a healthy pH balance, thus relieving rheumatic and joint pain.
- Natrum Muriaticum helps regulate water and sodium in the body, keeping muscles nourished and strong. It also helps reduce joint stiffness and cracking.
- Natrum Sulphuricum supports the liver and other digestive and excretory organs to flush out toxins and reduce waste fluids in the blood and tissues.
Schuessler Cell Salts
It can be difficult to get on with your day-to-day activities and live life to the fullest if you are suffering from joint pain and inflammation. HomeopathyStore offers many health care products for natural relief from joint pain and inflammation.
Visit our holistic Aches and Pain Medicine collection for more remedies and supplements for healthier muscles, joints, and bones and a better quality of life.
Please note: Product descriptions grounded in traditional homeopathic and natural wellness practice. They have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.