Homeopathic Cold & Flu Remedies
Influenzinum 2016-2017, Thymuline, Anacoccinum, and more Time-Tested Natural Remedies for the Cold & Flu Season
It's that time of the year... Before winter kicks into high gear, make sure to remember the easiest ways to avoid and quickly recover from the cold & flu. Strengthen your immune system and have your cold & flu remedies handy! Find out how one dose of Influenzinum 2016-2017 and Thymuline per week can keep you strong all winter long. Find even more trending cold & flu, sinus infection, sore throat, and cough remedies below for all your natural remedy needs this cold and flu season.
Influenzinum is the homeopathic remedy made from the current flu vaccine and updated every year. Also known as homeopathic flu nosode, it is recommended for naturally helping the body build resistance to the season’s flu viruses. Take the new Influenzinum 2016-2017 once per week until the end of cold & flu season or all year long. No needle, no side effects, no chemicals or preservatives, and chosen by people around the world for more than 100 years who are looking for natural protection against the flu. Now also available as Winter Tonic Plus in form of our lactose-free, sugar-free, vegan, and kosher liquid spray.
Winter Tonic Plus
Build your Defense: Thymuline & Flu Protection Combo
Thymuline is a homeopathic immune system booster that works to support the Thymus gland, arguably the most important organ of our immune system. It is included in our popular Influenzinum & Thymuline Combo, which follows the French homeopathic flu protection protocol and is the #1 natural flu protection pack recommended by complementary healthcare practitioners. Thymuline is available as sucrose/lactose pellets and as lactose-free, vegan Thymuline Liquid Spray for people with dietary restrictions.
Influenzinum & Thymuline
Acute Natural Flu Remedy Anacoccinum & Complete Natural Flu Relief Kit
And if despite your best efforts, you or your loved ones do experience flu symptoms, Anacoccinum is HomeopathyStore's own acute flu remedy made with the ingredient Anas barbariae hepatis et cordis extractum in the 200C potency like Oscillococcinum or Oscillo. It is recommended for sudden, strong flu symptoms and should be administered as quickly as possible after the first signs of chills, fever, sore throat, runny nose, headache, or vomiting.
Influenzinum 2016-2017, Thymuline, and Anacoccinum form our Natural Flu Relief Kit and provide a comprehensive natural shield helping your body stay strong all through the flu season.
Natural Flu Relief Kit
Homeopathic Combination Remedies for the Cold, Flu, & Sore Throat
Ideal to fight symptoms of the common cold and milder flu symptoms is Cold & Flu Relief. It is a popular blend of the best known herbal and mineral ingredients which aid the body in ridding itself of the viruses while relieving the uncomfortable symptoms of runny nose, cough, fever, and general weakness.
Its ally, Sore Throat Soothe, is the remedy you want to have at hand if you suffer from laryngitis, lose your voice, or if your cold symptoms like to start with a burn in the throat. Indispensable — especially — for teachers and trainers who are looking to protect their vocal cords this winter and year-round.
Winter Balance II is a lactose-free, sugar-free, kosher liquid spray strong enough to fight acute cold and flu symptoms for people with dietary restrictions or preferences.
Cold & Flu Relief
Sore Throat Soothe
Natural Homeopathic Remedy for Sinus Infections
Sinus Relief is our best-selling remedy for sinus pressure and pain, congested sinuses with discharge, and sinus headaches. Its seven ingredients are known to help the mucous membranes stay moist, drain, and help you breathe without dizziness or drowsiness.
Natural Cough Soothers
Honey Don't Cough natural cough soothers come in small liqui-paks that are filled with pure buckwheat honey and contain NO artificial ingredients, preservatives, dyes, gluten, or added sweeteners. Buckwheat honey — more so than any other honey — is full of nutrients and minerals and has been helping relieve coughs and sore throats for centuries. These small pockets dispense the perfect amount one healing dose at a time and are easy to take with you wherever you go. They are delicious and safe for kids 12 months and older and strong enough for adults. Great alternative to artificial cough suppressants with potentially hurtful side effects.
Honey Don't Cough
Homeopathic Single Remedies for Cold & Flu
If you are interested in learning to connect the various stages of a cold or flu to a specific homeopathic ingredient, homeopathic single remedies are for you! Aconitum Napellus, for example, is best given during the first 24 hours of a cold, Belladonna for a cold with high fever and headache, Bryonia Alba for a respiratory flu or bronchitis, and Gelsemium for a fever with chills, achy muscles, and sore throat. See our article Best Homeopathic Single Remedies for Cold and Flu for a list of the 10 key single remedies for colds and the flu.
Always remember: Many remedies work best if administered at the beginning stages of a cold or flu, so it’s wise to stock up ahead of time, before the cold and flu season begins.
Understanding the Cold & Flu Season
We have been digging into new research about the cold and flu season and why we seem to catch more cold and flu viruses in the winter months. What is the reason for a “flu season”?
Some theories suggest that spending more time indoors during cold, wet weather results in less exposure to the sun’s rays and the immune-boosting power of Vitamin D. It also brings us in closer proximity to others who are carrying viruses. However, as these conditions can also exist in warmer months without the same result, most definitive clinical studies are pointing towards the relation between the levels of the humidity in the air and the survival time of virus cells.
Cold and flu viruses are highly infectious. The usual means of viral transmission from person to person is by touching infected surfaces and then transferring the viruses to the mouth or other orifices, or by breathing in particles of viruses sneezed or coughed into the air. When the air is warm and humid, the viral particles encounter so much moisture in the air that their cell surfaces are compromised, making it harder for them to contaminate healthy cells in the mucous membranes.
The moisture in the air also prevents the infected mucus from lingering in the air; it must fall to the ground. Cold air holds much less moisture than warm air, so even on a rainy day, the level of humidity in the air can be well below the average humidity during the summer months. It is the cool, dry air that is the perfect environment for the cold and flu viruses to incubate until finding an appropriate host.
7 Tips to Boost your Immune System during Cold & Flu Season
- Reduce your consumption of sugar, especially highly refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Use natural sweeteners such as raw honey or agave syrup. And remember that beverages (soda pop, energy drinks, even juice!) are some of the highest sources of sugar in the modern diet.
- Stop smoking, and limit your consumption of alcohol. Alcohol is essentially a poison which the body must work to expel, thus reducing its ability to expel viruses.
- Drink more water, and reduce your intake of coffee. Green or black tea is a healthier option.
- Exercise regularly. Moderate exercise 4 or 5 times a week keeps the lungs and heart working at optimal condition, and did you know that breaking a sweat is also an important part of your immune system? Besides flushing out toxins from the body, sweat contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which trap and kill pathogens lurking on the skin before they have a chance to make it inside your body.
- Minimize stress in your life, especially sources of chronic stress, such as an over-demanding work situation, negative personal relationships, or repetitive socio-emotional stress. Take measures to de-stress by taking breaks, working to change negative patterns, and seeking counseling when needed.
- Get enough sleep, rest, and spend time with loved ones. Sleep is the body’s number one defense against malfunction and wear, and spending time with those you love and participating in enjoyable activities releases endorphins which increase the body’s immune response.
- Add these immune-boosting superfoods, nutrients, and comfort foods to your diet:
- Garlic contains allicin, an antioxidant compound which has a shopping list of health benefits, including boosting the immune system and fighting viruses. Add it to your cooking daily, (remember to let the chopped or crushed garlic sit several minutes before cooking to give time for the allicin to activate), or throw some raw garlic in a tea or soup for an extra boost when sick.
- Zinc is important for the formation of lymphocytes and as it cannot be stored in the body, sources of zinc must be part of a daily diet. Zinc is found in lean beef, shellfish, poultry, dairy, and fortified cereals.
- Vitamin C — Citrus fruits are literally bursting with it, but so are red bell peppers, parsley, and dark green vegetables such as spinach, kale, and broccoli.
Chicken soup — All of the above can be perfectly combined in your grandmother’s chicken soup. Simmering chicken bones (try turkey, beef, or lamb bones too!) for an hour or more releases the proteins in the marrow, many of which are antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Add plenty of onions, ginger, and celery along with your favorite spices, and remember to throw in the garlic and brightest-looking vegetables towards the end of the cooking to reserve their vitamins and minerals.
Please note: Product descriptions grounded in homeopathic and natural cold & flu protection practice. They have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Image of runner courtesy of Fit Approach